Thursday, October 1, 2009

My stupid hair (Part 1 of many)

I am an idiot.

I am growing out my hair from a very short cut, because I decided I want girl hair.

Girl hair is hair long enough to move, hair that acts as an anchor for artistic hair toys, hair that can be shaped into many shapes. Hair that may draw the eye of eligible bachelors. Girl hair.

Unfortunately, unless my hair is very short or very long, it is Albert Einstein hair - on steroids. It is "why-doesn't-she-do-something" hair. I am way, way into the ugly phase. I am at that point where no headband, no gel will make my hair look less deranged. I just have to accept it. And I do, even when it morphs after lunch into new and more irritating forms. It just what my stupid hair does.

Sticking out all 'round,
A horrible display.
Growing my hair sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Just keep chanting "this too shall pass" and buy stock in hairbands and braids. I'm now at the stage where, when it's down, with a little gel I don't look like the Brillo Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky - and so supportive. Bless you. Chanting does help :-D

    ReplyDelete